Thursday, November 12, 2015

College Football Week 11 Picks/Predictions

After another exciting week of college football, we head into week 11 where there could be some more upsets, trap games, and statement wins.

_____________________________________________________________________________
#2 Alabama (8-1) at #17 Mississippi State (7-2) (3:30 PM ET, on CBS, in Starkville, Mississippi)

My pick: #2 Alabama defeats #17 Mississippi State 35-13

What to watch for: Alabama's running game.  As everyone who follows college football should know, Bama has one of the best running games in the nation, largely because of star running back Derrick Henry.  Mississippi State has a pretty good defense, but I think that Bama will establish their running game, and run the ball effectively en route to another win vs a top-15 opponent.

My thoughts/reasons: In past seasons, Bama has sometimes let up in games after LSU.  But, I think in this game, Bama will have their heads on straight, even if it is not immediately.  I think although Mississippi State is a very talented team, and they're a pretty good home team, I think that Alabama will come in ready to play, and I think they'll get the job done on the road.

Photo credit: Vasha Hunt - AL.com
_____________________________________________________________________________





















_____________________________________________________________________________
#21 Memphis (8-1) at #24 Houston (9-0) (7:00 PM ET, on ESPN2, in Houston, Texas)

My pick: #24 Houston defeats #21 Memphis 34-31                                                    

What to watch for: Houston's QB play.  Houston has a very good QB in Greg Ward Jr. who has rushed for 16 touchdowns, and has 13 touchdowns through the air.  I think that Memphis also has a very good QB in Paxton Lynch, but in my opinion, I think that Greg Ward Jr. will give Memphis' defense more trouble than Paxton Lynch will Houston's defense.  In the end, I see Houston pulling off a big home victory over #21 Memphis, largely because of their QB play to improve to 10-0 (6-0).

My thoughts/reasons: Memphis is coming off of a tough loss vs now #20 Navy 45-20 in their last game, while Houston is coming off of a win over Cincinnati.  This is a big game for both teams, and I think both will come out ready, but I think that Houston will make the right plays to get the big win over a top-25, AAC opponent in Memphis.

Photo credit: Juan DeLeon - AP
_____________________________________________________________________________
























_____________________________________________________________________________
      #12 Oklahoma (8-1) at #6 Baylor (8-0) (8:00 PM ET, on ABC, in Waco, Texas) UPSET

      My pick: #12 Oklahoma defeats #6 Baylor 49-38

      What to watch for: Oklahoma's running game.  Oklahoma's running game has been pretty good so far this season, but on the road vs #6 Baylor, I think they'll be even better.  Of course passing the ball will be pretty important for the Sooners in this game, but if they can run the ball, I think their chances of winning will be much better, and I think that it'll help them play much better.  So in my opinion, Oklahoma's ability to run the football will be huge in this game, and I think that will help the Sooners defeat the #6 team in the country on the road.

My thoughts/reasons: Baylor is a good team, but this is not a favorable matchup for them in my opinion.  Oklahoma can beat teams with their ability to spread them out, and they're also one of the most physical, if not the most physical team on the Bears' schedule.  So I think that in the end, Oklahoma will get the best of the Bears in a statement game on the road.

Photo credit: Sue Ogrocki - AP
_____________________________________________________________________________




















My Sneaky Good Game Of The Week
_____________________________________________________________________________
Oregon (6-3) at #7 Stanford (8-1) (7:30 PM ET, on FOX, in Stanford, California) UPSET

My pick: Oregon defeats #7 Stanford 35-34                                                                     

What to watch for: Oregon's QB play.  Vernon Adams Jr. has done a decent job as the Ducks' QB so far this season, but I'm sure if you ask him, or any other Duck player, coach, or fan, I'm sure they'll tell you their season hasn't gone the way they've wanted it to.  But I think in this game, Vernon Adams Jr. will play lights out.  I think although he's facing a pretty tough Stanford defense, I think that he'll be able to make big plays both in, and out of the pocket, and I think his teammates will come up big also to get the upset win on the road over the #7 Stanford Cardinal.

My thoughts/reasons: From 2010-2013, these Oregon-Stanford matchups have been one of the biggest in college football, but because Stanford had a mediocre season last season, and Oregon has struggled some this season, the matchup has kind of fallen off from the hype it got from 2010-2013, but I think this season's matchup will be very entertaining, and I think it'll earn its attention.  I think that Stanford has earned their top 10 ranking, and I think they're a very talented and well coached team.  But, I think Oregon will come in and play well, and eventually go on to upset their top-10 conference foe on the road.

Photo credit: Scott Olmos - USA Today Sports
_____________________________________________________________________________

These are just a few of many possible entertaining college football matchups this week.  Hope you enjoy this week's matchups of college football!

Here are some other games to look out for:
Georgia (6-3) at Auburn (5-4)
#2 Ohio State (9-0) at Illinois (5-4)
Miami (FL) (6-3) at #23 North Carolina (8-1)
#8 Oklahoma State (9-0) at Iowa State (3-6)
#9 LSU (7-1) at Arkansas (5-4)

You can follow me on twitter: @Footballfile

No comments:

Post a Comment